The Elmira Branch of AAUW began as the College Club of Elmira in 1920. In 1917, the College Club became the Association of Collegiate Alumnae and then was reorganized as a branch of the American Association of University Women in 1921. In 2001 the Corning Branch joined with the Elmira Branch to become the Elmira-Corning Branch.
Click here to see Additional History of the Elmira-Corning AAUW Branch.
2015-2016 Officers and Board Members
- Co-Presidents: Dr. Geraldine Wolfe, Barbara Luther
- Program Co-VPs: Jan Altilio, Julie Biviano, Joy Perry, Diane Woodhouse
- Membership Co-VPs: Lenore Lewis, Barbara Friedman, Maureen Gladke (Note: Go to the MEMBERSHIP page on this website to download the Elmira-Corning AAUW Membership Brochure!)
- Co-Secretaries: Diane Wilbur, Louise O’Dell
- Treasurer: Pat Stadelmaier
- Nominating Committee: Joan Russen, June Ford, Jan Cummings, Carol Ann Mitchell
- Books & Bites: Betty Reiter
- Cultural Interests/Diversity & International Affairs, Chemung County Council of Women Delegate: Barb Luther
- Directory: Ann Brouse
- Education Equity & Public Policy: JoAnne Krolak
- Education Foundation: Clare Bonnie Chollet
- Hospitality: Pat Buttolph, Jan Cummings
- Legal Advocacy Fund: Nancy Spaulding
- Newsletter/Communications: JoAnne Krolak
- Projects: Fall Fashion Show: Janet Winfield; Bon-Ton Coupon Booklet Sale: Carolyn Clack and Louise O’Dell
- Publicity: Julie Biviano
- Scholarship: Liz Walton, Mary Jane Paternoster, Miriam Smith, Clare Bonnie Chollet. (Note: Go to the SCHOLARSHIPS page on this website for more information about our scholarships and to apply for the AAUW Elmira-Corning Branch’s 2015 Return to Learning Scholarship. The Application deadline is in April.)
Click here to see Prior Year Officers and Board Members of the Elmira-Corning AAUW Branch.